While I was developing the original proposal for the Working with Gold programme, I came up with many ideas for events and activities. There were too many to be able to do all of them, so instead of losing the ideas I turned them into resources for schools and communities.
The ideas for schools could tie in to many different areas of the curriculum. Most had KS2 and KS3 in mind, and some (which are more organisational) are more suitable for KS4 and KS5. Many can be adapted to fit different age groups, and hence there is also quite a lot of overlap between them and the activity ideas for communities.
The ideas are focused on St Loyes, but most could be adapted to other locations.
- 19 or so ideas for place-based activities in schools (pdf)
- 23 or so ideas for place-based activities in communities (pdf)
There are many other resources on the Working with Gold website. For example:
- A downloadable St Loyes world for Minecraft
- A sound file and a leaflet that guides you on an awareness walk
- How to put on your own Star Spangled Kyrangle event
- How to put on your own bird-watching walk